July 9, 2012

Just a day at the park

David is feeling better each day. He will see the doctor and have his staples removed at the end of the week.  We ordered Chinese for dinner, and while David ate steamed broccoli and rice, I of course went straight for dessert.  I can't help but hope that my fortune cookie was meant for him: "You're at that critical point.  Make that last push."

A failed attempt to walk to the post office this afternoon landed Max and I in the perfect spot- a park with his new favorite apparatus, the bucket swing. The higher I pushed him the more he smiled and laughed. He also tried out the slide, but that activity will require some teamwork (i.e.: Max holding hands with an adult) for a while. The last couple of weeks have given me great appreciation for Max's willingness to try (and often times like) new things. From food to activities, Max is up for anything, which is great, for now.




(7.9.12)

(7.9.12)

No comments:

Post a Comment